http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=10340217 Wackygal | The funny twist of fate

EVERY DISAPPOINTMENT IN LIFE IS A STEPPING STONE TO GREATER THINGS.




life's unfathomable, isn't it?





The worst experience ever. I thought the pre-surgery fears were bad enough but nothing else can be worst than the moment when I finally woke up after the surgery. I never thought I would experience something like that.

You know, in dramas, the characters always wake up slowly in the ward with their family members around the bed right? I thought that was what really happened in real life too but sadly it doesn't happen to me. I remember waking up with a jolt like my soul enter my body *whambam* just like that. I was gasping for air and somehow the oxygen mask was suffocating. My whole body was shaking and I was crying out loud cause my right side was totally in pain. I remember everyone was trying to calm me down. They put 2 layers of warm blankets on my body, a hot towel on my head and telling me that the surgery was over. I was still crying out loud cause I couldn't stand the pain that I was in. Funny thing was the surgeon said that it's the left side that has a wound and not the right side. They gave me an injection to ease the pain and after I stopped shaking and I asked them to remove the oxygen mask, I asked for the time. It was 5.20am.

I remembered looking at the clock just before they knocked me out with anesthesia. It was 3am. I was crying silently cause I was so afraid. I keep asking "Will I be awake when you insert the tube down my throat?", "Will I be awake when you insert the scope?", "Will I wake up in the middle of it?" Everyone assured me that by the time I wake up, everything will be done.

When they said that they will put me on anesthesia, I expected a pungent smelling kind of air. I was quite surprised when the mask that they put me on didn't smell anything at all. They kept asking me to take deep breaths and I was like wondering "But nothing is happening to me.. I don't even feel drowsy yet.." I remembered the guy's last words before he took off the mask from me "Ok last deep breath now.. Good. " I don't even have time to wonder anything else cause by the time the mask was taken off, I was knocked out totally.

I can't believe I was knocked out for 2 hours plus cause it sure only feels like a blink of an eye. It's like after I shut my eyes and the next moment I woke up screaming. I will never forget the chills, the pain and the gasping for air. It was much worst than my near drowning incident in Perak.

Each time I think about it, it really scares me silly. Like waking up from being dead. Like having a second chance to live my life again. Like a big wake-up call. Like a big slap on my face. Like a sign from Him saying that He still loves me.

I hope this memory of the fear stays in me.

On a lighter note, I told Shalikin that I felt like I'm "Dear John" with 3 holes in my body. I'm no longer a perfectly minted coin like Dear John. =P



Who's wackygal?

    Image hosting by Photobucket
  • wacky.
    crappy.
    pinky.
    philophobia.
  • gal_wacky @ hotmail.com
  • online: wackygal
    offline: yati
    geddit?

Random


Wacky Updates

Links

THE END